Thursday November 24 "Thanksgiving" class will be at 8:30 and 10am. A drop in is 25$. If you bring a coat for donation the class is free. See you on Thanksgiving!!
Crossfit is the original, high-intensity, functional workout.
Widely used by police, firefighters, and the military, CrossFit has become popular with anyone wanting to improve their level of fitness regardless of age, gender or current fitness level. Those who aren’t fit get fit; those who are fit get fitter.
CrossFit Combines Workouts from These 3 Modalities:
- Gymnastics – pull-ups, push ups, plyo box jumps, ring dips, medicine ball throws
- Cardiovascular Conditioning – including running, skipping, rowing
- Weightlifting – squats, deadlifts, clean & jerks, snatches
CrossFit Develops the 10 Domains of Fitness:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Every day a new Workout is posted, called the Workout of the Day or WOD. All of the exercises, weights and reps can be adapted to suit any ability. Everyone who comes to class that day does the same WOD — this creates a camaraderie among the participants that is unlike any other gym experience.
For more information contact Mike Bunce Jr at 631-721-8826 call or text